The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Performs various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
1. Meets company sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
2. Performs various sales and register transactions including ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments and counting money.
3. Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and exchanges, customer service, security practices, and other applicable operations.
QUALIFICATIONS (including but not limited to):
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. High School diploma or equivalent
3. Retail or sales experience preferred
4. Excellent communication skills